New York News
Firefighter accused of hitting wife with iPad
NEW YORK -- A New York City firefighter is accused of bashing his wife in the head with an iPad.
Eric Bischoff was arraigned on assault charges.
He is assigned to Engine 161 on Staten Island and is a Uniformed Firefighters Association trustee.
According to court records, the couple got into an argument on Saturday over a "picture displayed on the Internet."
Police say Bischoff was drunk and hit his wife twice over the head with the tablet. They say he also pulled her by the hair and threw her on the floor.
He was released on his own recognizance.
Bischoff denied the charges. He told the Staten Island Advance (http://bit.ly/XH6Jv2 ) what's reported is not always as it happened.
The FDNY said the case is under review. The union declined to comment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ipad, firefighters, new york news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 32 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 13 min ago
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
2 min ago