New York News
Firefighter accused of hitting wife with iPad
NEW YORK -- A New York City firefighter is accused of bashing his wife in the head with an iPad.
Eric Bischoff was arraigned on assault charges.
He is assigned to Engine 161 on Staten Island and is a Uniformed Firefighters Association trustee.
According to court records, the couple got into an argument on Saturday over a "picture displayed on the Internet."
Police say Bischoff was drunk and hit his wife twice over the head with the tablet. They say he also pulled her by the hair and threw her on the floor.
He was released on his own recognizance.
Bischoff denied the charges. He told the Staten Island Advance (http://bit.ly/XH6Jv2 ) what's reported is not always as it happened.
The FDNY said the case is under review. The union declined to comment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ipad, firefighters, new york news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 19 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday