New York News
Firefighter accused of hitting wife with iPad
NEW YORK -- A New York City firefighter is accused of bashing his wife in the head with an iPad.
Eric Bischoff was arraigned on assault charges.
He is assigned to Engine 161 on Staten Island and is a Uniformed Firefighters Association trustee.
According to court records, the couple got into an argument on Saturday over a "picture displayed on the Internet."
Police say Bischoff was drunk and hit his wife twice over the head with the tablet. They say he also pulled her by the hair and threw her on the floor.
He was released on his own recognizance.
Bischoff denied the charges. He told the Staten Island Advance (http://bit.ly/XH6Jv2 ) what's reported is not always as it happened.
The FDNY said the case is under review. The union declined to comment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ipad, firefighters, new york news
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 19 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident 2 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 32 min ago
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 45 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
19 min ago