New York News
Banks trying to expedite Sandy insurance checks
Sunday, March 03, 2013
ALBANY, N.Y. -- The New York Department of Financial Services says five of the state's largest banks and mortgage services will have representatives available this week to help homeowners cash insurance settlement checks from Superstorm Sandy.
Lender representatives will be at Disaster Assistance Centers on Long Island and New York City this Monday through Saturday to help owners complete steps for their banks endorse the settlement checks that are often written jointly. Lenders are JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, CitiMortgage and Ocwen Loan Servicing. Representatives from Assurant will be on hand on behalf of dozens of smaller banks and mortgage servicers. The centers are in Long Beach, Seaford, Copiague, Averne and Staten Island. The department says it recently found banks holding more than $200 million in insurance funds from Sandy victims. The New York Department of Financial Services says five of the state's largest banks and mortgage services will have representatives available this week to help homeowners cash insurance settlement checks from Superstorm Sandy. ---
(Copyright ©2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
new york city, superstorm sandy, new york news
- London attack could be terror-related, officials say
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 5 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links