New York News
Body in barrel was murder victim, medical examiner rules
HARLEM (WABC) -- Investigators say the body of a woman found in a 55-gallon drum in a Harlem apartment over the weekend had been stabbed multiple times.
The discovery was made inside a home on 2400 Seventh Ave near West 140th Street over the weekend.
An autopsy determined the woman sustained wounds to the torso, injuring her major organs. The cause of death was ruled a homicide.
Officials are still working to make a positive identification of the body, which they say had been in the barrel for several days and was decomposing.
A young man who lives in the room where the body was found is in police custody and undergoing a psychological exam at St. Luke's Hospital.
Detectives plan to question him about the death, which is preliminarily being investigated as a domestic dispute.
The body was found after the man's grandmother called police about a foul odor coming from the room Saturday night.
new york city, harlem, body found, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State 27 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen