New York News
New details in alleged hazing incident at Bronx High School of Science
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is growing concern that many more people knew about the alleged hazing incident at one of New York City's best high schools.
So far the Athletic Director and two track coaches at Bronx Science have been suspended, and several students on the track team are now facing criminal charges for allegedly bullying a 15 year-old freshman.
Many students at Bronx Science High School have lost patience with the negative publicity of the alleged hazing scandal.
"How can you say that the behavior, until you know it's the truth," said Dylan Small.
Three students were arrested, based on allegations from a freshman track team member who told police he was assaulted and sexual abused by the suspects.
But according to a published report, the Athletic Director, identified as Marion Dietrich, wrote staffers last year about cases of locker room hazing, while assigning staff members to keep watch over locker room activities.
new york city, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City 55 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Metro North New Haven Line partially restored 31 min ago
- Super Bowl 50 goes to San Francisco
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department
- Crews race to find survivors after Oklahoma...
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos