New York News
Bloomberg looks to lower volume on headphones
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Mayor Bloomberg's latest health crusade is turning down the volume on headphones.
A new campaign getting launched is warning about permanent hearing loss from loud music played through earbuds.
The health department program will cost about $250,000, paid for by a grant from the fund for public health.
And will likely add to criticism that the mayor is trying to play nanny to New Yorkers.
new york city, new york news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen