New York News
Bloomberg looks to lower volume on headphones
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Mayor Bloomberg's latest health crusade is turning down the volume on headphones.
A new campaign getting launched is warning about permanent hearing loss from loud music played through earbuds.
The health department program will cost about $250,000, paid for by a grant from the fund for public health.
And will likely add to criticism that the mayor is trying to play nanny to New Yorkers.
new york city, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania 26 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard 20 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239...
27 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in...
26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
12 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
20 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos