New York News
Bloomberg looks to lower volume on headphones
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Mayor Bloomberg's latest health crusade is turning down the volume on headphones.
A new campaign getting launched is warning about permanent hearing loss from loud music played through earbuds.
The health department program will cost about $250,000, paid for by a grant from the fund for public health.
And will likely add to criticism that the mayor is trying to play nanny to New Yorkers.
new york city, new york news
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding 13 min ago
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area 1 min ago
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video 14 min ago
- Boy Scouts to accept openly gay boys as Scouts 30 min ago
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 33 min ago
- The New DNA fingerprint: Cell phones
- Photographer chronicles wife's breast cancer battle
- abcnews: Oklahoma tornado: Before and after photos
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
33 min ago