New York News
Benefit held for 3-year-old boy with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Brooklyn community came together to help the family of a sick child get closer to a cure for their son.
Close to 600 people attended a fundraiser for Pietro Scarso in Mill Basin on Thursday night.
The 3-year-old suffers from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a fatal degenerative condition.
The event raised money for research for treatment and hopefully a cure.
The proceeds from the event will go for medication for Pietro that slows muscular degeneration and new research grants.
For more information please visit: http://www.pietrosfight.org/
new york city, brooklyn, new york news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 59 min ago
- Obama to meet with Ukraine prime minister Wednesday 43 min ago
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies 21 min ago
- Justin Bieber due in Toronto court on assault charge 11 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos