New York News
Fire forces evacuations at Upper East Side high-rise
UPPER EAST SIDE (WABC) -- A fire forced people out of their apartments at a high-rise on the Upper East Side this morning.
The fire at 2nd Avenue and 91st Street broke out just before 4:00 a.m. on the 12th floor of a 40-story building.
More than 100 firefighters responded to the scene, where they had to deal with heavy smoke.
13 people were treated at local hospitals.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
new york city, upper east side, fire, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos