New York News
Planes bump at JFK airport
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating how a taxiing passenger jet bumped a JetBlue plane at John F. Kennedy Airport on Saturday morning.
The FAA says around 6:15 a.m. JetBlue145, an Airbus A320 aircraft, had pushed back from Gate 5, Terminal 4, at JFK Airport preparing for departure. Air India 102, a Boeing 777 aircraft, was already on the ramp. The wingtip of the B777 made contact with the horizontal stabilizer on the tail of the A320. .
According to JetBlue, shortly after pushing back from the gate, its plane sustained damage to its tow bar. While retrieving a new tow bar, the aircraft remained stationary just short of the gate. At that time the Air India aircraft taxied into the area and made contact with JetBlue's plane. The JetBlue aircraft sustained damage to its rudder and taxied back to the gate.
All 150 passengers from the JetBlue aircraft bound for West Palm Beach, Florida were removed and transferred to another plane. That plane departed around 9:20 a.m.
The Air India Jet passengers all went through customs.
A Port Authority spokesperson says no passengers were injured on either aircraft.
The Air India jet incurred damage to the aircraft's left wing tip, but no other details were available.
The FAA was investigating.
jfk international airport, jetblue, new york news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- March Madness-style bracket rates high school girls 44 min ago
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
52 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos