New York News
Planes bump at JFK airport
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating how a taxiing passenger jet bumped a JetBlue plane at John F. Kennedy Airport on Saturday morning.
The FAA says around 6:15 a.m. JetBlue145, an Airbus A320 aircraft, had pushed back from Gate 5, Terminal 4, at JFK Airport preparing for departure. Air India 102, a Boeing 777 aircraft, was already on the ramp. The wingtip of the B777 made contact with the horizontal stabilizer on the tail of the A320. .
According to JetBlue, shortly after pushing back from the gate, its plane sustained damage to its tow bar. While retrieving a new tow bar, the aircraft remained stationary just short of the gate. At that time the Air India aircraft taxied into the area and made contact with JetBlue's plane. The JetBlue aircraft sustained damage to its rudder and taxied back to the gate.
All 150 passengers from the JetBlue aircraft bound for West Palm Beach, Florida were removed and transferred to another plane. That plane departed around 9:20 a.m.
The Air India Jet passengers all went through customs.
A Port Authority spokesperson says no passengers were injured on either aircraft.
The Air India jet incurred damage to the aircraft's left wing tip, but no other details were available.
The FAA was investigating.
jfk international airport, jetblue, new york news
- Gunman dead in shotoing at Colorado high school 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday 9 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert 3 min ago
- Man in custody after incident at Chelsea school 1 min ago
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says 59 min ago
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday
9 min ago