New York News
Planes bump at JFK airport
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating how a taxiing passenger jet bumped a JetBlue plane at John F. Kennedy Airport on Saturday morning.
The FAA says around 6:15 a.m. JetBlue145, an Airbus A320 aircraft, had pushed back from Gate 5, Terminal 4, at JFK Airport preparing for departure. Air India 102, a Boeing 777 aircraft, was already on the ramp. The wingtip of the B777 made contact with the horizontal stabilizer on the tail of the A320. .
According to JetBlue, shortly after pushing back from the gate, its plane sustained damage to its tow bar. While retrieving a new tow bar, the aircraft remained stationary just short of the gate. At that time the Air India aircraft taxied into the area and made contact with JetBlue's plane. The JetBlue aircraft sustained damage to its rudder and taxied back to the gate.
All 150 passengers from the JetBlue aircraft bound for West Palm Beach, Florida were removed and transferred to another plane. That plane departed around 9:20 a.m.
The Air India Jet passengers all went through customs.
A Port Authority spokesperson says no passengers were injured on either aircraft.
The Air India jet incurred damage to the aircraft's left wing tip, but no other details were available.
The FAA was investigating.
jfk international airport, jetblue, new york news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn 33 min ago
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 18 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 43 min ago
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
28 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos