New York News
Brooklyn police shooting leaves teenager dead
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A teenager in Brooklyn was shot and killed Saturday night by two police officers after they say he pointed a gun at them
The Brooklyn South anti-crime unit came upon a police of teenagers and young men on 52nd Street in East Flatbush.
Police say one of the teenagers began walking away adjusting his waistband, and was acting suspiciously.
Officers said they began to approach the 16-year old when he turned around and pointed a .38 caliber gun at them.
Two officers opened fire and shot him.
The teen died later at Kings County Hospital.
He has been identified as Kimani Gray, of Montgomery Street in Brooklyn.
Poice have not yet determined whether the teenager fired his weapon.
Police say a loaded .38-caliber revolver was recovered at the scene.
Authorities say the officers were being treated for trauma and tinnitus and were in stable condition. The NYPD did not release their names.
The officers were plain-clothed and in an unmarked car.
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, police shooting, new york news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Woman charged in fatal hit-and-run in Stamford
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos