New York News
Child injured after dog mauling in the Bronx
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A child was injured after being attacked by a dog in the Bronx Sunday night.
The attack happened at 166th street and Webster Avenue in the Bronx.
This startling attack happens in a flash. The dog runs from across the street, pouncing on the little girl apparently walking with her mother.
The animal is relentless holding onto the victim as it bites and gnarls with savage force.
The woman with the child seems stunned and petrified. Thankfully, a man jumps out of his truck and runs across Webster Ave to pull the dog off the four year-old.
Once the dog clamps down on the victim it appears that it tries to rip the child away from the woman who holds on desperately until the good samaritan arrives to help the little girl.
The owner of the dog arrives within a few seconds and puts a leash on the dog. He even tells other responding to stand back. The dog's owner stands out by the scene with the dog as witnesses call 911 for help.
The little girl was badly mauled and is hospitalized. The terrifying attack has many wondering what set the dog off and why the animal set its sights on a young child.
new york city, dog attack, bronx, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 55 hurt in East Harlem explosion 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Back to winter 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 35 min ago
- Limited Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion 30 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Back to winter
7 min ago
- Missing Malaysian plane's last...
3 min ago