New York News
Police: Victims found in Queens brush fire killed in botched drug robbery
HOWARD BEACH -- Police have arrested a man in connection with the investigation of two New York City men whose bodies were found in a brush fire along a highway last week.
Police say 34-year-old Rogelio Rodriguez was arrested Tuesday on charges of murder, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal tampering.
Police said earlier they believe 22-year-old Rudy Superville and 25-year-old Gary Lopez were shot and stabbed to death after attempting to rob a drug dealer's Brooklyn home.
Firefighters found their fully clothed bodies last Wednesday in a grassy area off the Belt Parkway in the Howard Beach section of Queens.
Police believe that Superville entered the home of the dealer but was surprised to find his killers waiting. They say he was then instructed to beckon Lopez into the home. Both men were then beaten, stabbed and shot.
Police are searching for at least four others suspects in the investigation.
new york city, queens, howard beach, fire, brush fire, deadly fire, new york news
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 43 min ago
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 6 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog 14 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 55 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 13 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
18 min ago