New York News
Police: Victims found in Queens brush fire killed in botched drug robbery
HOWARD BEACH -- Police have arrested a man in connection with the investigation of two New York City men whose bodies were found in a brush fire along a highway last week.
Police say 34-year-old Rogelio Rodriguez was arrested Tuesday on charges of murder, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal tampering.
Police said earlier they believe 22-year-old Rudy Superville and 25-year-old Gary Lopez were shot and stabbed to death after attempting to rob a drug dealer's Brooklyn home.
Firefighters found their fully clothed bodies last Wednesday in a grassy area off the Belt Parkway in the Howard Beach section of Queens.
Police believe that Superville entered the home of the dealer but was surprised to find his killers waiting. They say he was then instructed to beckon Lopez into the home. Both men were then beaten, stabbed and shot.
Police are searching for at least four others suspects in the investigation.
new york city, queens, howard beach, fire, brush fire, deadly fire, new york news
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide