New York News
Police: Victims found in Queens brush fire killed in botched drug robbery
HOWARD BEACH -- Police have arrested a man in connection with the investigation of two New York City men whose bodies were found in a brush fire along a highway last week.
Police say 34-year-old Rogelio Rodriguez was arrested Tuesday on charges of murder, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal tampering.
Police said earlier they believe 22-year-old Rudy Superville and 25-year-old Gary Lopez were shot and stabbed to death after attempting to rob a drug dealer's Brooklyn home.
Firefighters found their fully clothed bodies last Wednesday in a grassy area off the Belt Parkway in the Howard Beach section of Queens.
Police believe that Superville entered the home of the dealer but was surprised to find his killers waiting. They say he was then instructed to beckon Lopez into the home. Both men were then beaten, stabbed and shot.
Police are searching for at least four others suspects in the investigation.
new york city, queens, howard beach, fire, brush fire, deadly fire, new york news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom 2 min ago
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college 2 min ago
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 53 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
28 min ago