New York News
Police: Victims found in Queens brush fire killed in botched drug robbery
HOWARD BEACH -- Police have arrested a man in connection with the investigation of two New York City men whose bodies were found in a brush fire along a highway last week.
Police say 34-year-old Rogelio Rodriguez was arrested Tuesday on charges of murder, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal tampering.
Police said earlier they believe 22-year-old Rudy Superville and 25-year-old Gary Lopez were shot and stabbed to death after attempting to rob a drug dealer's Brooklyn home.
Firefighters found their fully clothed bodies last Wednesday in a grassy area off the Belt Parkway in the Howard Beach section of Queens.
Police believe that Superville entered the home of the dealer but was surprised to find his killers waiting. They say he was then instructed to beckon Lopez into the home. Both men were then beaten, stabbed and shot.
Police are searching for at least four others suspects in the investigation.
new york city, queens, howard beach, fire, brush fire, deadly fire, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 13 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets 44 min ago
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win