New York News
New York City dog saved after swallowing 111 pennies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A New York City dog underwent emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.
The Jack Russell terrier, named Jack, swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly got sick.
The 13-year-old dog's owner, Tim Kelleher, rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.
That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins.
The zinc from the coins could be lethal.
But Kelleher says his best friend is okay and back to his normal self.
new york city, dogs, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store 37 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 35 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
32 min ago