New York News
New York City dog saved after swallowing 111 pennies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A New York City dog underwent emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.
The Jack Russell terrier, named Jack, swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly got sick.
The 13-year-old dog's owner, Tim Kelleher, rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.
That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins.
The zinc from the coins could be lethal.
But Kelleher says his best friend is okay and back to his normal self.
new york city, dogs, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa 33 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos