New York News
New York City dog saved after swallowing 111 pennies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A New York City dog underwent emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.
The Jack Russell terrier, named Jack, swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly got sick.
The 13-year-old dog's owner, Tim Kelleher, rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.
That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins.
The zinc from the coins could be lethal.
But Kelleher says his best friend is okay and back to his normal self.
new york city, dogs, new york news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 5 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 16 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos