New York News
Man charged in Queens murders, brush fire due in court
HOWARD BEACH -- A Brooklyn man is due in court Friday in the murders of two men whose bodies were found in a burning brush fire in Queens.
Rogelio Rodriguez, 34, has been held without bail since his arrest Tuesday.
Rodriguez is accused of shooting and stabbing 22-year-old Rudy Superville and 25-year-old Gary Lopez after a botched drug dealer robbery.
Police believe that Superville entered the home of the dealer but was surprised to find his killers waiting. They say he was then instructed to beckon Lopez into the home. Both men were then beaten, stabbed and shot.
Their bodies were found a week ago, burned in a brush fire off the Belt Parkway in Howard Beach.
Rodriguez is charged with murder, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal tampering.
Police are still searching for at least four other suspects.
new york city, queens, howard beach, fire, brush fire, deadly fire, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 16 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations 10 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
42 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos