New York News
Man charged in Queens murders, brush fire due in court
HOWARD BEACH -- A Brooklyn man is due in court Friday in the murders of two men whose bodies were found in a burning brush fire in Queens.
Rogelio Rodriguez, 34, has been held without bail since his arrest Tuesday.
Rodriguez is accused of shooting and stabbing 22-year-old Rudy Superville and 25-year-old Gary Lopez after a botched drug dealer robbery.
Police believe that Superville entered the home of the dealer but was surprised to find his killers waiting. They say he was then instructed to beckon Lopez into the home. Both men were then beaten, stabbed and shot.
Their bodies were found a week ago, burned in a brush fire off the Belt Parkway in Howard Beach.
Rodriguez is charged with murder, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal tampering.
Police are still searching for at least four other suspects.
new york city, queens, howard beach, fire, brush fire, deadly fire, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments