New York News
Man charged in Queens murders, brush fire due in court
HOWARD BEACH -- A Brooklyn man is due in court Friday in the murders of two men whose bodies were found in a burning brush fire in Queens.
Rogelio Rodriguez, 34, has been held without bail since his arrest Tuesday.
Rodriguez is accused of shooting and stabbing 22-year-old Rudy Superville and 25-year-old Gary Lopez after a botched drug dealer robbery.
Police believe that Superville entered the home of the dealer but was surprised to find his killers waiting. They say he was then instructed to beckon Lopez into the home. Both men were then beaten, stabbed and shot.
Their bodies were found a week ago, burned in a brush fire off the Belt Parkway in Howard Beach.
Rodriguez is charged with murder, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal tampering.
Police are still searching for at least four other suspects.
new york city, queens, howard beach, fire, brush fire, deadly fire, new york news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate 22 min ago
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
55 min ago