New York News
Man charged in Queens murders, brush fire due in court
HOWARD BEACH -- A Brooklyn man is due in court Friday in the murders of two men whose bodies were found in a burning brush fire in Queens.
Rogelio Rodriguez, 34, has been held without bail since his arrest Tuesday.
Rodriguez is accused of shooting and stabbing 22-year-old Rudy Superville and 25-year-old Gary Lopez after a botched drug dealer robbery.
Police believe that Superville entered the home of the dealer but was surprised to find his killers waiting. They say he was then instructed to beckon Lopez into the home. Both men were then beaten, stabbed and shot.
Their bodies were found a week ago, burned in a brush fire off the Belt Parkway in Howard Beach.
Rodriguez is charged with murder, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal tampering.
Police are still searching for at least four other suspects.
new york city, queens, howard beach, fire, brush fire, deadly fire, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane 59 min ago
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Staten Island buyback collects nearly 100 guns 22 min ago
- Police hunt driver in deadly Queens hit and run
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning 39 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness' 55 min ago
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
18 min ago