New York News
Man charged in Queens murders, brush fire due in court
HOWARD BEACH -- A Brooklyn man is due in court Friday in the murders of two men whose bodies were found in a burning brush fire in Queens.
Rogelio Rodriguez, 34, has been held without bail since his arrest Tuesday.
Rodriguez is accused of shooting and stabbing 22-year-old Rudy Superville and 25-year-old Gary Lopez after a botched drug dealer robbery.
Police believe that Superville entered the home of the dealer but was surprised to find his killers waiting. They say he was then instructed to beckon Lopez into the home. Both men were then beaten, stabbed and shot.
Their bodies were found a week ago, burned in a brush fire off the Belt Parkway in Howard Beach.
Rodriguez is charged with murder, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal tampering.
Police are still searching for at least four other suspects.
new york city, queens, howard beach, fire, brush fire, deadly fire, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 22 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination