New York News
Man accused of trying to sexually assault Crown Heights woman
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- It started with a ring of the doorbell around 4 in the morning on Monday. A 23-year-old woman answered, and that is when police say a man pushed his way into her home and tried to sexually assault her.
When the victim screamed, the suspect ran away with her purse.
Police tell Eyewitness News that the suspect is 28-year-old Marcus Squire, who is said to be 5'7" and 165 pounds. Investigators say there is surveillance video from the scene, but they have not yet released it. News of the incident is spreading through Crown Heights.
"You have to be very aware of your surroundings, but it's scary here," said Crown Heights resident Jenee Vargas, "before I enter my building about a half a block away, I'll make sure I look around me to make sure no one is following."
Police say Squire has a long rap sheet. He was last seen wearing a black hooded jacket, camouflage pants, and black sneakers. He also walks with a limp.
Police at the 71st precinct are asking residents to call them if you have any information regarding Squire's whereabouts.
new york city, crown heights, brooklyn, sexual assault, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk 14 min ago
- Demolition to begin at Edison school gutted by fire 4 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure 28 min ago
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet 50 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos