New York News
Pedestrian fatally struck in Bronx blamed on driver seizure
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A deadly accident in the Bronx is being blamed on a medical problem.
A car struck and killed 63-year-old Sook-Ja Kim as she walked on a grassy median along the Mosholu Parkway just before 4 p.m. Sunday.
It happened less then a mile from Kim's home.
Police say the 22-year-old driver lost control after suffering a seizure.
The car also hit a tree.
The driver is expected to be okay, and no charges have been filed.
new york city, bronx, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, 21 injured
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- Video: Who will win the Indianapolis 500?
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers