New York News
Snow makes travel difficult in New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The road conditions were dangerous in Manhattani overnight, with multiple car accidents and stranded buses in the snow.
Sidewalks were also difficult to maneuver.
The snow was coming down hard Monday night before switching to sleet and rain in the early-morning hours Tuesday.
Many people were using umbrellas while trying to get through the slippery mess in Midtown.
It was also a long wait for some of the MTA buses after one got stuck in the snow.
Eyewitness News cameras captured video of accidents across the city.
One was on Francis Lewis Boulevard in Queens, where a car slammed into a tree.
In Harlem, the 145th Street Bridge was shut down for several hours after a seven-car pile-up injured six people.
Icing on the bridge was blamed for that accident.
New Yorkers expressed some frustration as the snow was piling up again on city streets just days before spring.
new york city, accident, snow, new york news, jeff pegues
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 59 min ago
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
32 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
59 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos