New York News
Snow makes travel difficult in New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The road conditions were dangerous in Manhattani overnight, with multiple car accidents and stranded buses in the snow.
Sidewalks were also difficult to maneuver.
The snow was coming down hard Monday night before switching to sleet and rain in the early-morning hours Tuesday.
Many people were using umbrellas while trying to get through the slippery mess in Midtown.
It was also a long wait for some of the MTA buses after one got stuck in the snow.
Eyewitness News cameras captured video of accidents across the city.
One was on Francis Lewis Boulevard in Queens, where a car slammed into a tree.
In Harlem, the 145th Street Bridge was shut down for several hours after a seven-car pile-up injured six people.
Icing on the bridge was blamed for that accident.
New Yorkers expressed some frustration as the snow was piling up again on city streets just days before spring.
new york city, accident, snow, new york news, jeff pegues
- South Plainfield High School lockdown lifted 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 21 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 55 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 29 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3...
29 min ago