New York News
Manslaughter charges added in hit and run that killed expectant parents
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The Brooklyn district attorney says manslaughter has been added to the charges in the crash that killed a pregnant woman and her husband.
The couple's baby was delivered after the wreck, but died a day later.
DA Charles J. Hynes announced the new charge Tuesday against Julio Acevedo. He previously was charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
Police say Acevedo was speeding on March 3 before crashing into the hired car carrying Nachman and Raizy Glauber.
The defendant was later arrested in Bethlehem, Pa.
His family has described Acevedo as a loving, stay-at-home dad. His lawyer says it was a tragic accident and not a crime.
new york city, brooklyn, williamsburg, accident, new york news
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing...
49 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos