New York News
Manslaughter charges added in hit and run that killed expectant parents
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The Brooklyn district attorney says manslaughter has been added to the charges in the crash that killed a pregnant woman and her husband.
The couple's baby was delivered after the wreck, but died a day later.
DA Charles J. Hynes announced the new charge Tuesday against Julio Acevedo. He previously was charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
Police say Acevedo was speeding on March 3 before crashing into the hired car carrying Nachman and Raizy Glauber.
The defendant was later arrested in Bethlehem, Pa.
His family has described Acevedo as a loving, stay-at-home dad. His lawyer says it was a tragic accident and not a crime.
new york city, brooklyn, williamsburg, accident, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 16 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Charges expected in fraternity death 26 min ago
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 45 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Charges expected in fraternity death
26 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
16 min ago