New York News
Fast-moving fire tears through Brooklyn building
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The top floor of a house went up in flames in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn early Thursday.
Firefighters battled fast-moving flames from the porch of the Crown Street home just before 6:30 a.m.
Heavy flames were roaring out the top floor window of the private home, which could be a two-family apartment building.
Firefighters entered the building through the ground floor and via ladder to the balcony.
They fought their way through the flames to get inside, and the fire was brought under control fairly quickly.
There were no reports of any injuries to residents, and no firefighters were hurt.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, fire, new york news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner 4 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton? 8 min ago
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner 10 min ago
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages 44 min ago
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos