New York News
Police look for suspects in string of Bronx shootings
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD is searching for suspects involved in a string of attempted armed robberies and shootings in the Bronx that began in October of last year.
A sketch has been released of one of the suspects, and police are hoping the new information leads to an arrest or arrests.
The suspects, all black males in their early 20s between 5-foot-10 and 6-feet tall with medium builds, display weapons and demand cash, and in all four incidents, the victim ends up shot.
The first incident happened on October 15, 2012, when a 42-year-old man was approached at Light Street and Harper Avenue just after 11 p.m. The suspect demanded money and fired at the victim, grazing him in the right leg. The victim was removed to an area hospital in stable condition, while the suspect fled the location. No property was taken.
In the second incident, on November 25, 2012, an 18-year-old man was approached by two suspects at Paulding Avenue and East 221 Street just before 1 a.m. Police say one of the suspects displayed a firearm and shot at the victim, who was attempting to flee, striking him in the right leg. The victim was taken to an area hospital in stable condition, while the suspects fled in an unknown direction. No property was taken.
The third shooting took place on December 10, 2012, on Givan Avenue around 12:30 a.m. Two suspects demanded money from the 28-year-old victim, then shot him in the neck. The victim was rushed to the hospital in stable condition, while the suspects fled in an unknown direction. No property was taken.
The most recent attempt happened February 8 on the New England Thruway around 3:30 a.m. The 31-year-old victim was pushed to the ground and shot in the left leg. Again, no property was taken, and the suspects fled the scene. The victim was hospitalized in stable condition.
Anyone with information in regards to any of these attempted robberies/ assaults is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, bronx, robbery, shooting, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97 25 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
6 min ago