New York News
Man arrested in murder of deaf woman found in drum
NEW YORK -- New York City police have made an arrest in connection with the body of a 19-year-old deaf woman found stuffed in a drum inside her Harlem apartment.
Police on Thursday charged 24-year-old Bismark Lithgow of Manhattan with second-degree murder.
The victim, Francis Angelica Alfonso Pellerano, suffered multiple stab wounds to the body.
Police officers arrived at her apartment on Seventh Avenue the night of March 2 to investigate a report of a foul odor. They discovered Pellerano inside the 55-gallon container.
The couple met on the internet, and authorities said Lithgow apparently also has hearing trouble. Police said she had been planning to leave him and move to the Dominican Republic.
It wasn't immediately clear if Lithgow had an attorney.
new york city, arrest, murder, new york news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 33 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 35 min ago
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire 37 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake' 9 min ago
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
51 min ago