New York News
Man arrested in murder of deaf woman found in drum
NEW YORK -- New York City police have made an arrest in connection with the body of a 19-year-old deaf woman found stuffed in a drum inside her Harlem apartment.
Police on Thursday charged 24-year-old Bismark Lithgow of Manhattan with second-degree murder.
The victim, Francis Angelica Alfonso Pellerano, suffered multiple stab wounds to the body.
Police officers arrived at her apartment on Seventh Avenue the night of March 2 to investigate a report of a foul odor. They discovered Pellerano inside the 55-gallon container.
The couple met on the internet, and authorities said Lithgow apparently also has hearing trouble. Police said she had been planning to leave him and move to the Dominican Republic.
It wasn't immediately clear if Lithgow had an attorney.
new york city, arrest, murder, new york news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt 15 min ago
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams