New York News
Man arrested in murder of deaf woman found in drum
NEW YORK -- New York City police have made an arrest in connection with the body of a 19-year-old deaf woman found stuffed in a drum inside her Harlem apartment.
Police on Thursday charged 24-year-old Bismark Lithgow of Manhattan with second-degree murder.
The victim, Francis Angelica Alfonso Pellerano, suffered multiple stab wounds to the body.
Police officers arrived at her apartment on Seventh Avenue the night of March 2 to investigate a report of a foul odor. They discovered Pellerano inside the 55-gallon container.
The couple met on the internet, and authorities said Lithgow apparently also has hearing trouble. Police said she had been planning to leave him and move to the Dominican Republic.
It wasn't immediately clear if Lithgow had an attorney.
new york city, arrest, murder, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 34 min ago
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 21 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify 5 min ago
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Photos: Elmwood Park motel fire