New York News
Man critical after stabbing at Upper West Side nightclub
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man is fighting for his life after he was stabbed inside a club on the Upper West Side early Friday.
Police say the 33-year-old man, from the Bronx, was stabbed inside Columbus 72 on Columbus Avenue and West 72nd Street just before 3 a.m.
Patrons said they heard a popping noise, and then people started scattering. At that point, no one was quite sure what happened.
The victim was rushed to St. Luke's Hospital in critical condition, possibly with a gash to a major artery in his neck caused by a broken bottle.
The stabbing followed a reported dispute inside the club near the DJ booth.
Investigators were searching the scene for evidence and were reviewing surveillance video.
No arrests have been made, and the motive for the stabbing remains unclear.
The club had been hosting a Thursday night event. Residents say the club is frequently noisy on the weekends.
new york city, upper west side, stabbing, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014