New York News
Man critical after stabbing at Upper West Side nightclub
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man is fighting for his life after he was stabbed inside a club on the Upper West Side early Friday.
Police say the 33-year-old man, from the Bronx, was stabbed inside Columbus 72 on Columbus Avenue and West 72nd Street just before 3 a.m.
Patrons said they heard a popping noise, and then people started scattering. At that point, no one was quite sure what happened.
The victim was rushed to St. Luke's Hospital in critical condition, possibly with a gash to a major artery in his neck caused by a broken bottle.
The stabbing followed a reported dispute inside the club near the DJ booth.
Investigators were searching the scene for evidence and were reviewing surveillance video.
No arrests have been made, and the motive for the stabbing remains unclear.
The club had been hosting a Thursday night event. Residents say the club is frequently noisy on the weekends.
new york city, upper west side, stabbing, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 64 hurt in East Harlem explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 50 min ago
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion 13 min ago
- Survivors and witnesses describe East Harlem explosion 9 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
6 min ago
- Missing Malaysian plane's last...
18 min ago