New York News
Pregnant guard accused of sex with cop killer gives birth
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Nancy Gonzalez, charged with having a sexual relationship with a federal inmate convicted of killing two NYPD undercover detectives, has given birth to a baby boy.
Justus Liam Gonzalez was born Thursday night at 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
The 29 year-old Gonzalez missed a court appearance Thursday because she was in labor.
The father of the child is believed to be Ronell Wilson, convicted of killing undercover detectives James Nemorin and Rodney Andrews in 2003. Wilson could face the death penalty.
Gonzalez is expected to eventually plead guilty to engaging in sexual relations with an inmate.
Prosecutors said in court that a plea agreement has been provided to her. If she agrees to the plea, she would likely avoid having to testify at Wilson's upcoming resentencing, where Wilson could face death.
She faces 15 years in prison.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, police officer killed, new york news, n.j. burkett
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Day Parade 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA men's basketball tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos