New York News
Pregnant guard accused of sex with cop killer gives birth
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Nancy Gonzalez, charged with having a sexual relationship with a federal inmate convicted of killing two NYPD undercover detectives, has given birth to a baby boy.
Justus Liam Gonzalez was born Thursday night at 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
The 29 year-old Gonzalez missed a court appearance Thursday because she was in labor.
The father of the child is believed to be Ronell Wilson, convicted of killing undercover detectives James Nemorin and Rodney Andrews in 2003. Wilson could face the death penalty.
Gonzalez is expected to eventually plead guilty to engaging in sexual relations with an inmate.
Prosecutors said in court that a plea agreement has been provided to her. If she agrees to the plea, she would likely avoid having to testify at Wilson's upcoming resentencing, where Wilson could face death.
She faces 15 years in prison.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, police officer killed, new york news, n.j. burkett
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 25 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog 33 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 32 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
37 min ago