New York News
Partial building collapse in Canarsie, 2 injured
CANARSIE (WABC) -- Rescuers pulled one person from a partial building collapse in the Canarsie section of Brooklyn on Friday.
The collapse happened at a three-story, two family home under construction on East 95th Street and Foster Avenue in Canarsie.
The accident happened around 3:15 p.m.
One construction worker was rescued and is in serious but stable condition. Another worker suffered minor injuries.
It appears cement blocks shifted and collapsed the wooden structure, officials said.
new york city, brooklyn, canarsie, collapse, new york news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers 6 min ago
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack 40 min ago
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case 33 min ago
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 59 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 57 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
59 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
57 min ago
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel"...
33 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos