New York News
Suspect arrested in Coney Island apartment shooting
CONEY ISLAND (WABC) -- Police have arrested a man in connection with the shooting of four people, one fatally, inside a Coney Island, Brooklyn apartment.
NYPD Detectives from the 60th Precinct and members of the Violent Fugitive Task Force arrested 29 year-old Joseph Brown at 6 a.m. Saturday.
Police say he was apprehended at an apartment close to the shooting scene.
The shooting happened Friday inside apartment 5B at 2703 West 33 Street in Coney Island around 3:30 p.m.
A man was shot in the head and pronounced dead at the scene.
A 24-year-old man was shot in the head and is listed in critical condition. A 40-year-old man suffered a graze wound to the head and was treated on the scene.
A 62-year-old grandmother was shot in the stomach and taken to Lutheran Hospital where she is in critical condition.
A preliminary investigation determined that Brown entered the apartment and shot the victims.
The suspect's motive is under investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, coney island, shooting, new york news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 11 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women 32 min ago
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83 23 min ago
- Nigella Lawson again denies heavy drug use
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos