New York News
Suspect arrested in Coney Island apartment shooting
CONEY ISLAND (WABC) -- Police have arrested a man in connection with the shooting of four people, one fatally, inside a Coney Island, Brooklyn apartment.
NYPD Detectives from the 60th Precinct and members of the Violent Fugitive Task Force arrested 29 year-old Joseph Brown at 6 a.m. Saturday.
Police say he was apprehended at an apartment close to the shooting scene.
The shooting happened Friday inside apartment 5B at 2703 West 33 Street in Coney Island around 3:30 p.m.
A man was shot in the head and pronounced dead at the scene.
A 24-year-old man was shot in the head and is listed in critical condition. A 40-year-old man suffered a graze wound to the head and was treated on the scene.
A 62-year-old grandmother was shot in the stomach and taken to Lutheran Hospital where she is in critical condition.
A preliminary investigation determined that Brown entered the apartment and shot the victims.
The suspect's motive is under investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, coney island, shooting, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets 27 min ago
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win