New York News
Police shoot suspect who stabbed another man
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police shot and killed a suspect who had just stabbed another man in Brooklyn.
It happened at 541 Court Street in Carroll Gardens around 8 p.m. on Friday.
When police arrived at the scene they found a man stabbed in the shoulder.
The victim pointed out the suspect to police outside.
As police tried to approach the suspect, they say he lunged at the officers with a knife.
Officers shot the suspect in the torso. He was taken to taken to Lutheran Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A knife was recovered at the scene.
The stabbing victim was also taken to Lutheran where he is being treated for a wound to his shoulder.
Sources say a witness told police they saw the suspect lunge at the police and heard officers say, "Drop it, drop it."
The officers were in uniform and in a marked police cruiser.
new york city, brooklyn, police shooting, shooting, stabbing, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash