New York News
Police shoot suspect who stabbed another man
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police shot and killed a suspect who had just stabbed another man in Brooklyn.
It happened at 541 Court Street in Carroll Gardens around 8 p.m. on Friday.
When police arrived at the scene they found a man stabbed in the shoulder.
The victim pointed out the suspect to police outside.
As police tried to approach the suspect, they say he lunged at the officers with a knife.
Officers shot the suspect in the torso. He was taken to taken to Lutheran Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A knife was recovered at the scene.
The stabbing victim was also taken to Lutheran where he is being treated for a wound to his shoulder.
Sources say a witness told police they saw the suspect lunge at the police and heard officers say, "Drop it, drop it."
The officers were in uniform and in a marked police cruiser.
new york city, brooklyn, police shooting, shooting, stabbing, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos