New York News
4 arrested in alleged debit card scheme
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have caught four people they say stole more than $300,000 in a fake debit card scheme.
Two of the men were caught at separate Manhattan banks, withdrawing money from flagged accounts on Thursday.
Two others were arrested in a hotel, where officers recovered cash and money orders as well as hundreds of fake cards and a magnetic strip encoding device.
They've all been charged with grand larceny.
Police say they stole cash and money orders from Chase Bank accounts using the fraudulent cards and personal identification information.
new york city, bank robbery, fraud, arrest, new york news
- Bronx fire leaves 2 dead, 3 firefighters hurt 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
37 min ago