New York News
4 arrested in alleged debit card scheme
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have caught four people they say stole more than $300,000 in a fake debit card scheme.
Two of the men were caught at separate Manhattan banks, withdrawing money from flagged accounts on Thursday.
Two others were arrested in a hotel, where officers recovered cash and money orders as well as hundreds of fake cards and a magnetic strip encoding device.
They've all been charged with grand larceny.
Police say they stole cash and money orders from Chase Bank accounts using the fraudulent cards and personal identification information.
new york city, bank robbery, fraud, arrest, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 8 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets 39 min ago
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win