New York News
Closures still in place after Gramercy Park water main break
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Part of 26th Street in Manhattan remains closed Monday due to a water main break.
The 3-foot main broke Saturday night, flooding the street between Lexington and Third avenues in Gramercy Park.
Despite the partial road closure, subway service is not affected.
Crews were already on the scene when the pipe burst.
They say they were investigating a report of a leak in the century-old water main.
The break was repaired in less than an hour.
new york city, water main break, water, new york news
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 30 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 22 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77 44 min ago
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 22 min ago
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in...
30 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos