New York News
Closures still in place after Gramercy Park water main break
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Part of 26th Street in Manhattan remains closed Monday due to a water main break.
The 3-foot main broke Saturday night, flooding the street between Lexington and Third avenues in Gramercy Park.
Despite the partial road closure, subway service is not affected.
Crews were already on the scene when the pipe burst.
They say they were investigating a report of a leak in the century-old water main.
The break was repaired in less than an hour.
new york city, water main break, water, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees