New York News
Closures still in place after Gramercy Park water main break
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Part of 26th Street in Manhattan remains closed Monday due to a water main break.
The 3-foot main broke Saturday night, flooding the street between Lexington and Third avenues in Gramercy Park.
Despite the partial road closure, subway service is not affected.
Crews were already on the scene when the pipe burst.
They say they were investigating a report of a leak in the century-old water main.
The break was repaired in less than an hour.
new york city, water main break, water, new york news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport 8 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Records: Man in movie theater shooting also was texting
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday