New York News
1 dead in Queens house fire
SOUTH JAMAICA (WABC) -- One person has been killed in a house fire in South Jamaica, Queens.
The fire broke out at about 9:30 Sunday morning at a private house on 119-46th Street.
Firefighters were on the scene within minutes, but were unable to save the life of the victim, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
The person has not yet been identified.
The fire was confined to the first floor of the two story residence and was placed under control within a half hour.
60 firefighters and 12 pieces of fire apparatus responded to the scene.
new york city, queens, fire death, fire, new york news
- 2 elderly residents hurt in Queens home invasion 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 11 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 12 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 39 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
12 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos