New York News
1 dead in Queens house fire
SOUTH JAMAICA (WABC) -- One person has been killed in a house fire in South Jamaica, Queens.
The fire broke out at about 9:30 Sunday morning at a private house on 119-46th Street.
Firefighters were on the scene within minutes, but were unable to save the life of the victim, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
The person has not yet been identified.
The fire was confined to the first floor of the two story residence and was placed under control within a half hour.
60 firefighters and 12 pieces of fire apparatus responded to the scene.
new york city, queens, fire death, fire, new york news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 3 min ago
- Photos: NYC car theft ring bust 1 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million