New York News
1 dead in Queens house fire
SOUTH JAMAICA (WABC) -- One person has been killed in a house fire in South Jamaica, Queens.
The fire broke out at about 9:30 Sunday morning at a private house on 119-46th Street.
Firefighters were on the scene within minutes, but were unable to save the life of the victim, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
The person has not yet been identified.
The fire was confined to the first floor of the two story residence and was placed under control within a half hour.
60 firefighters and 12 pieces of fire apparatus responded to the scene.
new york city, queens, fire death, fire, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 50 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 48 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment 23 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
30 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos