New York News
Man critical in Queens after hit-and-run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD is investigating a hit and run in the Jackson Heights section of Queens.
A man was struck at the intersection of 81st Street and 35th Avenue just before 8 p.m.
The victim was taken to Elmhurst Hospital in critical condition.
A witness says the man was crossing in the crosswalk against the light when he was struck by a minivan.
The van stopped a block away where a passenger got out and fled. Then, the vehicle fled.
new york city, queens, jackson heights, hit and run accident, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Granderson hits sac fly to lift Mets over Braves in 14
- Anna, Beltran key Yankees' 5-1, 12-inning win