New York News
Man critical in Queens after hit-and-run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD is investigating a hit and run in the Jackson Heights section of Queens.
A man was struck at the intersection of 81st Street and 35th Avenue just before 8 p.m.
The victim was taken to Elmhurst Hospital in critical condition.
A witness says the man was crossing in the crosswalk against the light when he was struck by a minivan.
The van stopped a block away where a passenger got out and fled. Then, the vehicle fled.
new york city, queens, jackson heights, hit and run accident, new york news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday 58 min ago
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport 53 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Records: Man in movie theater shooting also was texting
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court 58 min ago
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday