New York News
Mom of son killed by NYPD cruiser while on dirt bike files suit
NEW YORK -- The mother of a Bronx man killed when a police cruiser struck his dirt bike has filed a $50 million lawsuit against the NYPD.
Eusebia Ramirez's lawsuit charges Police Officer Edward McClain of "carelessness and recklessness" in her son's death on Aug. 11, 2012.
Her lawyer told the Daily News that Ramirez's 28-year-old son was supporting her financially and emotionally. Edward Steinberg said McClain violated NYPD protocol by chasing the unregistered dirt bike. He remains on active duty.
The lawsuit was filed in the Bronx on Monday.
The city Law Department said it had not yet seen the lawsuit.
new york city, accident, new york news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 3 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 26 min ago
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 43 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion 7 min ago
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
11 min ago