New York News
Missing 3 week old baby found safe on Staten Island at father's house
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have found the 3 week old baby they say who was taken by her father at his home on Staten Island.
Police say 3-week-old Milagros Worrell is in good condition and is safe.
According to the mother of the baby, the father was upset when the mom wouldn't kiss him on a sidewalk in the St. Albans section of Queens.
The woman says the father told her if she didn't kiss him, he would take the the little girl. The woman has an order of protection against the man but did accept a ride home from the man after a doctors office visit for the child.
When she got home, placed the baby in the carriage and the father became angry when she wouldn't kiss him goodbye. It was at that time the woman says the man took the baby, who was not wearing shoes at the time and took off on foot.
"I told him he could not come to the doctors office because I had an order of protection against him. The case worker also told him that," said Rochelle Worrell, the mother of the child.
Police are calling this case at this time 'custodial interference'.
The mother identified the father as 43-year-old John Axel Rivera III.
Rivera is now in police custody. Sources say he was arrested while getting on a city bus at the St. George Ferry Terminal on Staten Island.
new york city, abduction, children, queens, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident 33 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 8 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
41 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos