New York News
47 arrested in prescription drug distribution ring
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities in New York City are planning an 11 a.m. press conference to announce nearly 50 arrests in an alleged prescription drug distribution ring.
Police say a Manhattan doctor and his office assistant are among the 47 arrested in the Bronx, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Officials say the arrests resulted in the dismantling of a drug distribution network prevalent throughout the northeast region.
Authorities also seized 30 weapons, which will be shown at the press conference.
Stay with 7online for updates on the story.
new york city, bronx, new jersey, prescription drugs, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen