New York News
47 arrested in prescription drug distribution ring
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities in New York City are planning an 11 a.m. press conference to announce nearly 50 arrests in an alleged prescription drug distribution ring.
Police say a Manhattan doctor and his office assistant are among the 47 arrested in the Bronx, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Officials say the arrests resulted in the dismantling of a drug distribution network prevalent throughout the northeast region.
Authorities also seized 30 weapons, which will be shown at the press conference.
Stay with 7online for updates on the story.
new york city, bronx, new jersey, prescription drugs, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 7 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk 53 min ago
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village 20 min ago
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos