New York News
DOT orders Fung Wah to cease operations
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The U.S. Department of Transportation has ordered the popular Fung Wah buses to cease all passenger operations.
The operation is based in Boston, but buses run through Manhattan.
This after a study found the company to be an imminent hazard to public safety.
The study revealed the violations and conditions of operations increase the likelihood of serious injury or death to Fung Wah drivers, passengers, and the traveling public.
A copy of the imminent hazard out-of-service order can be viewed at www.fmcsa.dot.gov/documents/about/news/2013/Fung-Wah-IH-Order.pdf.
new york city, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos