New York News
Police search for suspects in abduction mystery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD is searching for three suspects in connection with an abduction attempt in Washington Heights.
"They were walking down the street this way, and then the car pulled up on the opposite side and she screamed when he picked her up," said Suzana Trejos, an Eyewitness.
A man with a plastic bag over his head and another wearing a mask were spotting charging around the corner from West 173rd onto Haven Avenue.
A dark colored minivan was right behind them, speeding around the corner with its doors open.
"It was a Chrysler, it was like a navy blue Chrysler, it turned down the one way, it pulled over and it stopped, and a couple of guys came out and picked up a girl and pushed her in the car," said Jonethan Salas, an Eyewitness.
Sources say two 10 year old girls who were playing inside of J. Hood Wright Park in Washington Heights at 7 o'clock Friday evening called 911 after they saw a woman screaming as she was forced into a minivan at gunpoint.
Investigators believe a man may have also been stuffed into the vehicle before it peeled off, screeching up a one-way street.
"In the beginning when she screamed, we were nervous, but the way that they just walked in, it seemed like they knew who's car they was going into," Trejos said.
It was a bold crime caught on tape, but no one has been reported missing.
That's why investigators are blanketing the neighborhood with CrimeStoppers posters. Sources tell Eyewitness News that the suspected female victim was spotted by another surveillance camera on West 177th and Fort Washington Avenue an hour before the incident.
That's why CrimeStoppers flyers have been posted there too.
"He stopped here, like this, like he's looking for someone," said Sandra Guzman, an Eyewitness.
Minutes before the alleged abduction, Sandra Guzman spotted three men camped out in a dark minivan and saw another peeking around the corner of the park, wearing a black mask over his eyes.
"It's not that cold," Guzman said, "He was wearing a black mask from here."
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
The public can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, washington heights, attempted abduction, new york news, darla miles
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold 20 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Company insider comes forward against energy company 12 min ago
- Photos: NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade 47 min ago
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 46 min ago
- Suspect accused of setting Brooklyn apartment fire 4 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Earthquake shakes Los Angeles awake 27 min ago
- Tuesday last day to apply for TCS NYC Marathon 8 min ago
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold
20 min ago