New York News
Suspect in Coney Island shooting released from custody
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The man arrested in the fatal shooting of one person and wounding three of others in Brooklyn's Coney Island neighborhood earlier this month has been released from custody.
A spokesman for the Brooklyn District Attorney's office says Saturday a judge ordered 29-year-old Joseph Brown released on Friday.
The spokesman says the investigation is ongoing and Brown is due back in court in May.
Police had said Brown entered an apartment in a public housing complex, walked to a back bedroom and shot a man in the head.
Investigators said he then shot three other people in the apartment, killing one.
new york city, brooklyn, coney island, shooting, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 5 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate 52 min ago
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong 49 min ago
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win