New York News
Suspect in Coney Island shooting released from custody
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The man arrested in the fatal shooting of one person and wounding three of others in Brooklyn's Coney Island neighborhood earlier this month has been released from custody.
A spokesman for the Brooklyn District Attorney's office says Saturday a judge ordered 29-year-old Joseph Brown released on Friday.
The spokesman says the investigation is ongoing and Brown is due back in court in May.
Police had said Brown entered an apartment in a public housing complex, walked to a back bedroom and shot a man in the head.
Investigators said he then shot three other people in the apartment, killing one.
new york city, brooklyn, coney island, shooting, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 53 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East... 43 min ago
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect... 53 min ago
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem 58 min ago
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15... 59 min ago
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion... 59 min ago
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination