New York News
2 pedestrians dead in Bronx hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two men were struck and killed in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx by a car whose driver fled the scene early Monday.
The pedestrians were hit while crossing Bruckner Boulevard at East 138th Street at around 4:30 a.m.
The victims, one a 20-year-old man from Harlem, were pronounced dead at the scene. The second victim has not been identified.
Witnesses say they saw the two men stumbling in the street shortly before they were hit.
The vehicle that struck the victims left the scene.
There were no immediate witnesses to the crash, and police did not have a description of the vehicle.
Some who live in the area reported that the men may have lived underneath the bridge in a makeshift camp.
The investigation is ongoing.
new york city, mott haven, bronx, hit and run accident, pedestrian struck, new york news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
5 min ago