New York News
2 pedestrians dead in Bronx hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two men were struck and killed in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx by a car whose driver fled the scene early Monday.
The pedestrians were hit while crossing Bruckner Boulevard at East 138th Street at around 4:30 a.m.
The victims, one a 20-year-old man from Harlem, were pronounced dead at the scene. The second victim has not been identified.
Witnesses say they saw the two men stumbling in the street shortly before they were hit.
The vehicle that struck the victims left the scene.
There were no immediate witnesses to the crash, and police did not have a description of the vehicle.
Some who live in the area reported that the men may have lived underneath the bridge in a makeshift camp.
The investigation is ongoing.
new york city, mott haven, bronx, hit and run accident, pedestrian struck, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos