New York News
Sketch released of suspect in Queens knifepoint rape
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD is looking for a man accused of raping a woman early Monday morning in Queens, and police are hoping a sketch will help lead to an arrest.
Authorities say the suspect forced the 41-year-old victim into an cemetery in Elmhurst at knifepoint and attacked her.
The incident happened just before 5 a.m. in the vicinity of Corona Avenue.
The victim was transported to an area hospital where she was treated and released.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 25 to 30 years old and weighing between 150 and 175 pounds, with black spiked hair and brown eyes.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, elmhurst, queens, rape, new york news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem 18 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Group running NYC half-marathon to inspire,...
21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
37 min ago