New York News
Police search for serial purse snatcher in Queens, Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The search is on for a woman suspected of a string of purse robberies throughout Queens and Staten Island.
Police say 43-year-old Rehana Hussain has stolen purses from shopping carts on eight separate occassions over the course of a month.
She's also accused of using credit cards from the stolen wallets.
Police say Hussain struck first on Sunday January 20, around 11:30 a.m. at the Century 21 on Junction Boulevard.
She has also allegedly stolen purses at a Shine Beauty Salon, Panera Bread, Costco, Marshalls and DSW.
The most recent incident happened February 28 at the Marshalls on 48th Street.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, queens, staten island, robbery, new york news
- Jersey City water main break repaired 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 27 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 22 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
22 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos