New York News
Police search for serial purse snatcher in Queens, Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The search is on for a woman suspected of a string of purse robberies throughout Queens and Staten Island.
Police say 43-year-old Rehana Hussain has stolen purses from shopping carts on eight separate occassions over the course of a month.
She's also accused of using credit cards from the stolen wallets.
Police say Hussain struck first on Sunday January 20, around 11:30 a.m. at the Century 21 on Junction Boulevard.
She has also allegedly stolen purses at a Shine Beauty Salon, Panera Bread, Costco, Marshalls and DSW.
The most recent incident happened February 28 at the Marshalls on 48th Street.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, queens, staten island, robbery, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery 53 min ago
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms 50 min ago
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 28 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 2 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital