New York News
MTA bus fatally hits man in Elmhurst
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was struck and killed by an MTA bus in Queens Wednesday night.
The accident happened at around 7:35 p.m. at Broadway and 79th Street in Elmhurst.
It appears the man was struck in a crosswalk right in front of Elmhurst Hospital, where he was transported and later pronounced dead.
An MTA spokeswoman says this was a Q53 bus.
The accident is under investigation by the MTA and the NYPD.
new york city, elmhurst, queens, pedestrian struck, bus accident, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged 48 min ago
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China 17 min ago
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 27 min ago
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing 41 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- Third grader hit and killed by truck,...
48 min ago