New York News
MTA bus fatally hits man in Elmhurst
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was struck and killed by an MTA bus in Queens Wednesday night.
The accident happened at around 7:35 p.m. at Broadway and 79th Street in Elmhurst.
It appears the man was struck in a crosswalk right in front of Elmhurst Hospital, where he was transported and later pronounced dead.
An MTA spokeswoman says this was a Q53 bus.
The accident is under investigation by the MTA and the NYPD.
new york city, elmhurst, queens, pedestrian struck, bus accident, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
1 min ago