New York News
Grisly fatal crash leaves car mangled around tree in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A car careened into a tree in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn early Thursday, leaving a grisly scene and snarling traffic.
The driver in the apparent high-speed crash was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The vehicle struck the tree on Kings Highway near Beverly Road just before 4:30 a.m.
The wreckage was wrapped around the tree.
The victim has not been identified, and authorities will only say he was a 22-year-old off-duty police officer.
Kings Highway was closed for the police investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, accident, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
28 min ago