New York News
Grisly fatal crash leaves car mangled around tree in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A car careened into a tree in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn early Thursday, leaving a grisly scene and snarling traffic.
The driver in the apparent high-speed crash was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The vehicle struck the tree on Kings Highway near Beverly Road just before 4:30 a.m.
The wreckage was wrapped around the tree.
The victim has not been identified, and authorities will only say he was a 22-year-old off-duty police officer.
Kings Highway was closed for the police investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, accident, new york news
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos