New York News
Grisly fatal crash leaves car mangled around tree in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A car careened into a tree in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn early Thursday, leaving a grisly scene and snarling traffic.
The driver in the apparent high-speed crash was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The vehicle struck the tree on Kings Highway near Beverly Road just before 4:30 a.m.
The wreckage was wrapped around the tree.
The victim has not been identified, and authorities will only say he was a 22-year-old off-duty police officer.
Kings Highway was closed for the police investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, accident, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role 51 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014